– Pray for all those affected in any way by the bombing in Manchester, the attack in London, and the fire London.
– Pray for our political leaders after the election.
William Workman (Athy and Carlow)
– Give thanks for the mission in Athy Presbyterian Church at Easter and for those who came. Pray for the ongoing Christianity Explored course being held in the church hall. Pray that more will join them.
– William writes, ‘Our children’s meeting in Athy finished at the end of May and we are now preparing for summer outreach in Carlow from Monday 3rd to Friday 7th July which involves a holiday Bible club and a special evening of outreach in the Carlow Church including a meal. Then from Monday 10th to Friday 14th July, there will a holiday Bible club and outreach to teens in the evenings in Athy. I’m still looking for people to join with locals in running these outreach events.’ Pray for all the preparations and that many of those who come along to the outreach events will be challenged to come to faith in Jesus Christ. Pray too for more people to come forward to help with the work.
– This Sunday (18 June) William will have a stand at Kildare County Show in Athy to publicise the summer outreach events and to share the gospel. Pray that William will have many good conversations with people at the show and opportunities to share his faith and encourage people to come along to the outreach events.
– Volker Glissmann continues serving as Director of Theological Education by Extension (TEEM). He writes:
> Due to the nature of my work in TEEM, there are times in the year when there is little exciting to report… I am the head of a theological training institution and my job is very administrative, but in certain months it is VERY administrative! The ministry continues in all centres. My own ‘Knowing God’ grass roots training course continues to run on a Wednesday evenings. Our Diploma students are preparing for examinations in June. Otherwise, I am busy with: Financial audits; Terms of reference of audits; Financial policies; Board and management meetings for TEEM and its Development School; Grade assessments; A stakeholder questionnaire and its assessment; Developing marking plans; Project proposals; Project reports; Planning for the next academic year.
– Praise the Lord for the overall ministry of TEEM and our outreach to the grass roots church. Pray that it may fulfil its role and potential in serving the Church and equipping leaders for more effective service.
– Pray for wisdom at this peak administrative time so that the right decisions are made.
– Pray for the training sessions and Bible study material on the book of Mark which one of the congregations will be starting in June.
– June is the month of celebrating various saint days in Brazil, including St John the Baptist’s day. Pray for the evangelistic street event on 17th June, in which the Good News Club children will be sharing the message of John the Baptist on repentance, using the example of the life of Zacchaeus to illustrate what repentance is all about.
– Pray for the football evangelism, that God would open the men’s eyes to see and turn to Him.