William Workman (Athy and Carlow)
– Thanks for your prayers for the monthly Fellowship meeting. William writes, “The numbers attending have been small, but all who come have appreciated the people leading the praise and an opportunity to chat over a cup of tea.” Pray for the meetings on 9 June and 7 July.
– Pray for the outreach at the county show in Athy on 17 June.
– Pray for ongoing preparation for Athy and Carlow’s summer outreach. In Carlow from 2 to 6 July and in Athy from 9 July. Six people from USA and two from Northern Ireland will be joining with local people for the outreach. They have holiday Bible clubs planned for both towns and special food and praise evenings in Carlow and activities for teenagers and another praise evening in Athy.
Mark Proctor (Tallaght Hospital)
– Two new chaplains are due to join the pastoral care team at the hospital quite soon. Pray that they will settle in quickly, and be effective in their ministry with patients and staff.
– Recent post-ordination training on pastoral care was very relevant to Mark’s chaplaincy work. Pray that he will be able to put it into practice and that he will be a comfort to others with the comfort he have received from God (1 Corinthians 1:4).
– Some patients are in hospital for many weeks (or even months). Ask God to be a constant presence in the lives of those whose trust is in him.
Naomi Keefe (Brazil)
– Naomi Keefe reports that the football evangelism, together with the ‘Coffee with God Bible study’, the Good News Club activities, the cinema days and the Reading Room activities are all very encouraging. The Good News club children and teenagers are planning to engage in outreach on 16 June on the message of John the Baptist.
– Give thanks for the interest in the Coffee with God Bible study and how those coming along are opening up and sharing.
– Pray for the John the Baptist outreach activity in the community.
– Continue to pray for the congregation, remembering particularly the pastor and session in your prayers.
David (Vine Centre)
– Continue to pray for the ongoing work among the Children and Senior Citizens. These will be finishing soon for the summer. Pray for the salvation of souls that as the seed has been planted over the winter months that the Lord will bring this to fruition in their lives, and souls will be saved.